Headshot

Headshot

Sunday, April 10, 2011

First Rehearsal

Yesterday I was able to meet the majority of women who will be competing in the Mrs. Washington 2012 pageant along with a former Mrs. Washington, a current Little Miss Washington, and our pageant director  with her daughter.  This was the first time I was able to meet everyone in person so I openly admit there was a level of uncertainty as I entered the rehearsal venue.  That feeling evaporated in about 5 minutes.  These women are truly amazing!  While all are extremely beautiful that is not their biggest asset.  They are smart, articulate, extremely funny, and caring women. 

I am looking forward to our fun filled performance in Moses Lake on May 27th for the Spring Festival.  Call me crazy but Tina Turner has nothing on us!  That is the only sneak peak I will provide to the performance.  If you want to see us in action you will need to attend the event. Moses Lake Spring Festival

Thank you to our director Pam Curnel and daughter Melissa for making it a special afternoon.  In addition a special thank you to Carla Richards, Mrs. Washington 2010, Jazymn Wentland, Little Miss Washington 2011, and all of the Mrs. Washington 2012 contestants who helped echo Pam's welcome to the Mrs. Washington family.   The next seven months are going to be a whirlwind...but in a good way. 

Now off to continue my Sunday.  Family, friends, a trip to Costco and a hit to the checking account, and finally a BBQ to end this beautiful day. 

To all of you have a blessed Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Spokane, Washington, United States
Growing up in a small rural community in Eastern Washington allowed me to discover and grow into the woman you see now. I was born on March 4, 1965 in the Othello hospital and 18 years later graduated from Othello High School ~ go Huskies! I am now a wife, mother, and grandmother. I am deeply committed to emotional and physical health and work diligently to strengthen both my mind and body through exercise. I am a graduate of Whitworth University ~ go Pirates, and Gonzaga University ~ go Zags! My passion is focused on mentoring the youth in our communities by showing them the power of critical thinking and authentic leadership. By applying the principles of emotional intelligence we can successfully arm our youth with the tools to move our global community to the next level. I am currently involved with Big Brothers & Big Sisters as well as HOBY. Both of these organizations share my passion for youth leadership in the community. In addition to youth leadership I am involved with Vanessa Behan's Crisis Nursery. I urge you to view the links I have provided so that you may learn more about these special organizations.